Administrator - Cardiopulmonary Exercise Testing
- Main area
- Theatres and Anaesthetics
- Band 2
- Fixed term: 12 months
- Part time - 15 hours per week
- Job ref
- Southampton General Hospital
- £18,005 - £19,337 per annum
- Salary period
- 12/04/2021 23:59
- Interview date
An opportunity has arisen at the University Hospital Southampton, NHS Foundation Trust (UHS) for a band 2 administrator to support the Perioperative Medicine Team on a 1-year fixed term contract. We are looking for someone with an experience of administration and an interest in surgical pathways and preparing for surgery.
ABOUT THE TEAM
We are a dynamic nationally renowned team assessing, educating and supporting patients prior to major planned surgery. Our service is delivered Monday to Friday to over 1000 patients year. The post is for 15 hours a week over a minimum of 2 days but preferably 3.
Main duties of the job
You can read an overview of the main duties of the role in the section below: Job Description and Main Responsibilities.
To understand the role in more detail please read the full job description and person specification documents attached.
Working for our organisation
As one of the largest acute teaching Trusts in England, we offer learning and development opportunities to help you achieve the career you aspire to. UHS is rated ‘Good’ by the CQC and in the latest national NHS Staff Survey, we were in the top 10 acute trusts for staff engagement and for staff recommending the hospital as a place to work or receive care.
We support flexible working and will consider requests taking into account the needs of the service. UHS employees are able to access a range of NHS discounts, are entitled to a minimum of 35 days paid holiday (pro rata), and we offer a generous pension scheme.
Southampton is an attractive place to live and work situated on the south coast, with an international airport and direct trains to London. The New Forest National Park and beaches of the Jurassic coast are also right on our doorstep. The city offers living costs 20% lower than London and 14 schools rated outstanding by Ofsted.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- You will be working closely with the CPET Physiologists and wider perioperative medicine team.
- You will ensure the smooth delivery of the CPET and Anaemia services. Managing all appointments and associated administration duties.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- You will need to have excellent administrative and organisational skills.
- The confidence to work with patients and senior clinicians.
- The ability to work independently
Interviews will be held on Friday 23rd April 2021.
Should you have any queries, please use the contact details below to get in touch.
Apply online now
- Good standard of secondary education with literacy and numeracy skills demonstrable to GCSE level.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft package.
- Experience working in a busy office environment
- Previous experience in a customer service role
- Courses / further study attended to demonstrate evidence of personal development.
- Proficient in the use of all hospital computerised patient systems
- Knowledge of the access policy
- Knowledge of (transcription system) Alden
- Knowledge of medical terminology
Aptitudes and skills
- Able to learn and assimilate information quickly.
- Proven ability to work to deadlines, prioritise and multitask
- Ability to work under pressure
- Attention to detail at all times.
- Smart professional appearance in line with the Trust Appearance Policy
- Demonstrates clarity and breadth in the use of verbal and written communications.
- Friendly and approachable manner
- Polite, sympathetic, patient and diplomatic.
- Able to get on with people and work as part of a team sharing knowledge with others.
- Able to deal with differing priorities
Special requirements of the post
- Car driver, with full driving licence, or ability to travel between hospital sites or for necessary patient visits
- Flexibility – able to work flexibly to accommodate the demands of the work flow.
- Reliability – good time keeping
- Ability to mix with a large team
Values and behaviours
- Able to demonstrate behaviours that meet the Trust Values: Patients First
- Able to demonstrate behaviours that meet the Trust Values: Always Improving
- Able to demonstrate behaviours that meet the Trust Values: Working Together
Further details / informal visits contact
- Imogen Fecher-Jones
- Job title
- Perioperative Medicine Lead nurse
- Email address
- Telephone number
List jobs with University Hospital Southampton NHS Foundation Trust in Administrative Services or all sectors