University Hospital Southampton is seeking an Assistant information technologist to join its award-winning Informatics team as either a permanent incumbent or on a 12 month secondment. The ideal candidate will be confident, personable and possess an advanced level of technical literacy.
The role involves:
- Developing and supporting Oracle Application Express (APEX) applications
- Being "the face" of Informatics to one of the largest hospital trusts in the country, meeting with and presenting to senior managers and clinicians
- Working alongside our product specialists to maximize the benefits of the systems we have and identifying areas where new solutions may be required
- Developing new solutions, by assisting with user stories and technical specifications for developments to our existing systems, assessing the market and developing business cases for purchasing new systems, and developing in-house applications
- Participating in the out-of-hours on-call support rota
- Complying with national standards including those for clinical risk management and the NHS common user interface
- Keeping up to date with local, regional and national healthcare IT strategies and developments
The successful candidate will have:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience of relational database design and/or web application development
- n appetite and aptitude to learn
- A strong team ethic and the ability to work unsupervised
- Attention to detail coupled with a good sense of perspective.
Please note we are unable to respond to recruitment agencies at this time.
We are expecting significant interest in this exciting role and will only consider applications made via the NHS Jobs or our careers website.
Informal visits and inquiries are welcomed.
Closing date for applications Monday 22 October.
Documents to download
Apply online now
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document
title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document
in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the
document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).