Clinical Research Coordinator
- Main area
- Hosted Services
- Band 5
- Fixed term: 12 months
- Full time - 37.5 hours per week
- Job ref
- Southampton General Hospital
- £24,907 - £30,615 per annum pro rata
- Salary period
- 20/04/2021 23:59
- Interview date
We are looking for a highly motivated, enthusiastic clinical research coordinator to join us on a 1-year fixed term contract at the University Hospital Southampton, NHS Foundation Trust (UHS). This post forms part of a team created to drive and deliver an exciting agenda and achieve our vision of being one of the best. We are dedicated to providing high quality, patient-centred research within a state-of-the-art clinical research facility.
ABOUT THE TEAM
The University Hospital Southampton NHS Foundation Trust (UHS) is one of the UK's most successful healthcare organisations. Clinical research is a core activity of the Trust and UHS aims to become one the top 10 clinical research NHS organisations in the UK. Our clinical research facility provides a comfortable, safe environment for participation in clinical trials, embedded in the heart of one of the UK’s largest NHS teaching hospitals. The appointed candidate will join the Clinical Research Facility (CRF) project management team.
Main duties of the job
You can read an overview of the main duties of the role in the section below: Job Description and Main Responsibilities.
To understand the role in more detail please read the full job description and person specification documents attached.
Working for our organisation
As one of the largest acute teaching Trusts in England, we offer learning and development opportunities to help you achieve the career you aspire to. UHS is rated ‘Good’ by the CQC and in the latest national NHS Staff Survey, we were in the top 10 acute trusts for staff engagement and for staff recommending the hospital as a place to work or receive care.
We support flexible working and will consider requests taking into account the needs of the service. UHS employees are able to access a range of NHS discounts, are entitled to a minimum of 35 days paid holiday (pro rata), and we offer a generous pension scheme.
Southampton is an attractive place to live and work situated on the south coast, with an international airport and direct trains to London. The New Forest National Park and beaches of the Jurassic coast are also right on our doorstep. The city offers living costs 20% lower than London and 14 schools rated outstanding by Ofsted.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As a clinical research coordinator, you will have the responsibility of setting up and managing an assigned portfolio of studies. This is a diverse role and responsibilities will include:
- Supporting investigators to set-up and deliver studies within the Clinical Research Facility
- Supporting national and local regulatory submissions
- Assisting with healthy volunteer recruitment
- Acting as a key point of contact for study teams, commercial and academic research sponsors and other research departments
- Providing assistance with completing and organising clinical trial documentation
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
The following skills and experience are required for this post:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Previous experience of conducting or managing clinical research studies
- Advanced understanding of Microsoft Applications e.g. Word and Excel
- Exceptional attention to detail and organisation skills
- The ability to work alone and as part of a team
Interviews will be held on Thursday, 29 April 2021
Should you have any queries, please use the contact details below to get in touch.
Apply online now
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent
- Evidence of continuing professional development
- Research background
- Advanced understanding of Microsoft applications for managing and analysing information, e.g. Word and Excel
- Relevant experience in conducting or organising research
- Awareness of current legislation regarding research governance issues
- ICH/GCP Trained
- Healthcare background
- NHS experience
Aptitudes and skills required
- Motivation for research
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Good organisational skills
- Able to work as part of a team
- Proactive attitude
- Demonstrates clarity and breadth in use of verbal and written communications in relation to our patient group
- Ability to work under own initiative and independently outside the department without direct supervision
- Able to prioritise tasks and cope with deadlines
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Flexibility, reliability and initiative
- Good interpersonal, organization and time management skills
- Willingness to undertake further training.
- Patience, dependability and motivation.
- Be able to take instruction / directions
Special requirements of the post
- Ability to attend training courses and meetings on and off site.
- An understanding of confidentiality issues
- Demonstrate customer care skills
Values and behaviours
- Patients First
- Always Improving
- Working Together
Further details / informal visits contact
- Jade Rand
- Job title
- CRF Clinical Research Project Manager
- Email address
- Telephone number
List jobs with University Hospital Southampton NHS Foundation Trust in Administrative Services or all sectors