Schools Engagement Coordinators
NHS AfC: Band 6
- Main area
- NHS AfC: Band 6
- Fixed term: 3 months (Contract ending December 2021)
- Full time - 37.5 hours per week
- Job ref
- University Hospital Southampton
- £31,365 - £37,890 per annum
- Salary period
- 29/09/2021 23:59
Schools Engagement Coordinators – Hampshire & IOW COVID19 Saliva Testing Programme
Fixed Term Contract until 31st December 2021
Southampton has been running a Covid-19 saliva testing programme in partnership between the University of Southampton, Southampton City Council and University Hospital Southampton NHS Foundation Trust (UHS). As part of the preparation for the expansion of the asymptomatic testing programme across the geographical region, we are recruiting a number of staff to support this programme.
Working as part of the Engagement Team, you will work alongside other Engagement Coordinators acting as the account manager for approximately 40-50 secondary schools and colleges who will participate in the asymptomatic saliva testing programme. Your role will be crucial in engaging and on-boarding schools / colleges within the HIOW region.
Main duties of the job
To understand the role in more detail please read the full job description and person specification documents attached.
Working for our organisation
This is an excellent opportunity to put your range of skills to help support in the fight against COVID-19 and be proud to support the NHS and to support the wider community at this time.
We are looking for the successful candidate to start as soon as possible.
For informal enquiries please contact Asa Thorpe, Head of Partnerships & Strategy email@example.com
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
You should be educated to post graduate level or be able to demonstrate an equivalent level of knowledge and experience with experience of working with schools senior leadership / management teams in either a teaching or senior support capacity. You will need to be a highly credible individual, with excellent communication skills, who feels at ease speaking to a range of people at all levels about the programme and what the requirements for on-boarding are. You will explain the programme and the processes that will need to be undertaken and will work with your schools / colleges to act as the interface to provide education and support to maximise participation to undertake regular asymptomatic COVID 19 saliva testing. You will ensure any issues are resolved in a customer focussed and pragmatic manner by liaising with the respective department of the programme.
You will need to be well motivated and should have previous experience of supporting the implementation of new processes or projects. You will need to have IT skills in order to record participation information and to produce reports and other documents to support the communications and engagement work stream as necessary. Whilst you will have designated responsibility for specific schools / colleges, there will need to be some flexibility to support and cover colleagues as necessary.
Apply online now
- Further level of postgraduate study / knowledge to PG Diploma level or demonstrable equivalent experience, which should include project management knowledge / techniques.
- Degree educated.
- Demonstrate commitment to maintaining professional knowledge and awareness through continuing personal and professional development
- Secondary level teaching qualification
- Experience of teaching across the secondary phase of education
- Project management experience.
- Able to provide training and deliver presentations to a variety of audiences.
- Experience of working with school / college leadership teams in either a teaching or senior lead role e.g. School Business Manager, Local Education Authority, to implement new processes / projects.
- Able to communicate effectively with a range of stakeholders – colleagues, secondary school teachers, secondary school headteachers, secondary school pupils and wider university colleagues. Some information may be complex or need developed skills. Able to apply judgement in resolving problems including using originality in modifying existing approaches to solve problems
- Able to work effectively as a team, particularly whilst working remotely IT skills using variety of MS Office packages.
- Numerate with the ability to analyse information and present findings in clear and concise manner.
- Proven ability to manage multiple, timedependent priorities, rescheduling activities according to changes to plan / timeframes.
- Proven ability to plan and develop a range of high quality teaching activities, ensuring plans complement broader education strategy
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Works well both independently and as part of a wider team
- Resilient Customer focused approach
- Well motivated
- Some flexibility around working hours if required
- Patients First,
- Working Together
- Always Improving
Further details / informal visits contact
- Joanna Cantle
- Job title
- Head of Clinical Trials
- Email address
List jobs with University Hospital Southampton NHS Foundation Trust in Administrative Services or all sectors